Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Katie's Beef Stroganoff

When I told my sister, Katie, that I would blog her recipe, she told me I'd better give her lots of credit- and mention her name at least 4 times. :)

Here is Katie's recipe for delicious and SIMPLE Beef Stroganoff. Please note, that most stroganoff recipes include mushrooms. Katie does not like mushrooms, nor do my kids and husband, so we have omitted them. If you like mushrooms, simply add them in with the garlic, onion and beef to saute.

12oz boneless beef sirloin steak
8oz sour carton
2TB flour
1/2 C water
2tsp instant beef bouillon granules
1/4tsp black pepper
1/2 C chopped onion
1 clove garlic minced
2TB butter
2 C hot noodles



Trim fat from meat & thinly slice meat. (I ask the butcher to do this for me- saves me a lot of prep time!!)

In a small bowl stir together sour cream, flour. 


Whisk in water, granules and pepper. Set aside.
In a large skillet cook and stir meat, onions and garlic in hot butter over medium heat about 5 mins. Drain off fat.
Stir sour cream mixture into meat mixture in skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Serve over noodles.




Thanks, Katie!! We LOVE this and the boys eat every bite! Want some bread to go with your meal? Try my Sour Cream Mini-Muffins!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...