Friday, March 11, 2011

This weeks lessons

This week our focus was on the Sun. Our verse was "Jesus is  the Light of The World". We talked about how Jesus is like the Sun and what it means to "follow the light". Eli worked really hard on making his letter 'S'. He has been a very reluctant writer but after a HUGE success with minimal help, he wrote 10 'S' on his own and declared "Mom, I"m really good at homeschool!". Melt my heart! Korben focused on vocab words such as: Sun, Jesus, Light and World. We talked about the sun and how the earth orbits the sun, causing day, night, seasons and weather. We talked about the Water Cycle and Shadows for science. We even had friends join us for school one day this week! Our favorite experiment was tracing our shadows at 3 different times of the day. Each boy stood on the same line with their feet in the same place. We traced our shadows at 10am, 12:45pm and again at 3pm. I also had the boys hold a flashlight up against a ball that we marked to show where we live. It was a great example to them of Day & Night as I could rotate the ball and their lights would shine on different locations.

1 comments:

gigglesandgumballs said...

Looks like fun Megan! I am glad you and your boys are having a good time with homeschooling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...