Tuesday, April 19, 2011

FIRE DRILL!!!

Last week we had some pretty crummy, cold, rainy days. The kiddos were nutso. Seriously. Korben was attempting to cut everyone's hair with his fingers... and this got on everyone's nerves after an hour! I noticed we were between rain storms, so I jumped up, yelled "Fire Drill!" and hurdled the boys outside. They were scared straight! Then, I explained that our fire drill meant they had to run laps around the house. They would have to come back to the front porch and high-five me after each lap. I challenged them to do it 5 times... they decided 20 was a better number! By lap 16, they suggested to one another that a walking lap was due. They also implemented a system where Korben would hold out both arms and Eli would pick the direction they would each run.
Hazel stood at the door laughing hysterically at them as they passed by.
After running, they came inside, wet and breathless only wanting to do flips, spins, jumping jacks and dance moves. After our 30min Fire Drill, the boys played {perfectly!} together until dinner time.











0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...