Galatians 5:13 “You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love”
A couple of weeks ago, my friend Julie (you can visit her
blog here) offered to take my 3 kiddos for the day. Initially, I denied her request. She has her own 4 kids... all pretty much matching up in age to mine. Her baby is not even 5 months old yet! Just the thought of 7 kids ages 5 and under was exhausting to me! How could I do that to her? She persisted and even began to plan meals, snacks and fun actiities for the day.
As part of my MOPs leadership team, one of the roles I take on is a member of the Care Team. We help coordinate meals, childcare, etc. for moms in our group and we are always encouraging the ladies to accept help, to ask for help, to let other moms serve them and bless them. No Mom Alone!! And here I was, denying Julie something she wanted to do for me. So, I accepted. After throwing my back out last week, I truly felt it was God's way of knocking my flat on my back (literally) and forcing me to rest. I could use a day without the kiddos, resting on the couch, sipping coffee and watching episodes of Glee! I could use the quiet time reading my Bible, preparing for school, and picking up my house without it being completely destroyed in under 30 minutes only to be picked up again...
So, Thank You. THANK YOU, Julie. You are amazing and you have no idea how much this day was needed, how much it meant to me!
1 comments:
It is really hard to accept help, but you are right--when we don't accept help, we are denying others blessings. Hope your back feels better soon. I am a new follower from the HHH.
Post a Comment