Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tomato Basil Soup

This is a combination recipe- I combined the Tomato Basil Soup recipe from Pearls Handcuffs and Happy Hour and a recipe from the Fix it and Forget it cookbook. I added tomato paste to thicken it up a bit and the cream bc I LOVE creamy soups! We are making grilled cheese to dip into this deliciousness- perfect for the FRIGID weather outside! (There's currently a windchill of -24.)




Tomato Basil Soup

4 cups tomato juice
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
2 T chooped basil (more to taste)
6oz tomato paste
2 T sugar (or to taste)
2 Bay leaves
2 bouillon cubes
1 cup heavy whipping cream

Mix together the first 7 ingredients. Cover and cook on low, 4-6 hours. 

Thirty minutes before serving, add cream, continue to cook on low until cream is heated through. 

 Mmmmmm........ so creamy and wonderful!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...