Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ground Beef and Biscuits

 I'm not sure why this was a crock-pot meal. I mean, honestly, it would take 15min to cook in a skillet. If I ever make thsi again, that's what I'm going to do! The beef, veggies and sauce tasted fine- nothing special at all. The biscuits on top- never cooked! I cooked mine for 2 hours (unlike the recommended 1-1.5hrs) and they were still gooey. I pried them off eventually and popped them in the oven for 10min to cook. The kids didn't touch their food at all- but last night I could have fed them chocolate cake and its likely no one would have touched it. They were all in "moods". Brody ate his and I did have seconds, but, I'm pregnant. I was hungry.


the uncooked biscuits




Ground Beef and Biscuits
1 ½ lb ground beef
½ C chopped celery
½ C chopped onion
2 T flour
1 t salt
¼ t pepper
½ t oregano
2 8-oz can tomato sauce
10 oz frozen peas, thawed
2- 7 ½ oz cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
2 C shredded cheddar
1.       Brown beef, celery and onions in skillet.
2.       Stir in flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Add tomato sauce and peas. Pour into slow cooker (A large oval cooker is best)
3.       Arrange biscuits over top and sprinkle with cheese. Cook uncovered for 1- 1 ½ hours.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...