Last week, we went to church on Sunday, arrived back home around noon.... the kids and I did not see the outside world again until Friday morning! With an ice storm Monday, 2 snow days and then a sick day, we were stuck inside playing Just Dance and coloring our hearts out!
We did do some organized fun and had many teachable moments, but it got tricky and quite LONG! Thankfully this winter has not be near what last years was, and so this week served as a reminder to be thankful for our "warmer" cold weather!
Investigating Snowflakes
Painting our own snowflakes to resemble what we learned- patterns, etc.
Meanwhile, Hazel played with foam soap. She smiles now when she sees my camera- little ham.
She also is working on feeding herself so I can finish up the boys lessons. She's learning...
We did our favorite winter freeze-thaw activity again! Each boy plopped a toy car in a baggie of water and we set it outside to freeze. We estimated the length of time it would take to freeze and used a timer. It took 37min!
After they were frozen solid, we brought them in and talked about solids and liquids. I gave each boy a bowl of warm water and we tried different methods to thaw the ice and free their cars.
Hazel thought the water was delicious
For snacks, we made tortilla snowflakes! We folded the tortillas and cut shapes into them. Then I basted each with a small amount of oil and warmed them for 5min on 350 degrees.
Korben & Eli added powdered sugar, sprinkles and cinnamon.
...and H enjoyed snack in a new location!
We also made snow ice-cream again. So easy and a fun treat for the kiddos.
I forgot to take pictures, but we did some fun activities for groundhogs day as well! We watched a few videos on Groundhogs, learned that Phil did NOT see his shadow (only the 16th times this has happened in 120 years!), made pop-up groundhogs and played shadow games. It was fun, but I'm ready for pre-school again and for more routine to our week!

1 comments:
I love that Hazel scrunches up her nose like Maggie does--we need to get our girls together again soon!
Post a Comment