Friday, February 25, 2011

Creamy Chicken & Rice

This is a slight spin-off of a dish my Dad would make us as kids. It's quick, easy, warm, satisfying comfort food. And on snowy winter days, when I'm pregnant, when I need second lunch, this often calls my name! It's even easier to make when I have frozen, shredded roasted chicken readily available. Mmmm.

Here's what you need:

1 C Instant Rice
1 can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup (or buy the can that mixes the two!)
Shredded chicken

That's it! This makes MORE than enough for me- usually 1 1/2-2 servings. Double it to serve for dinner or even as a side along with dinner.

First, cook your rice.

When it's ready, add your soup and chicken.






Stir to mix the ingredients together.






Glance out at your snow filled yard, and savor the warmness of your bowl of creamy chicken and rice.





Look at that steam. Yummmmm. I could eat this every day for lunch.

1 comments:

Team S said...

Yum! My mom always made it with cream of celery and canned tuna :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...