Monday, February 7, 2011

Orange Garlic Chicken

This smelled so delicious cooking! We were all walking into the kichen saying "mmmmm". I took my first taste of chicken as I was reducing the sauce and wasn't too impressed, but thought with sauce and rice it would be a lot better. Nope. I managed to choke down 6 or 7 bites before I gave and resorted to eating plain rice with buter! Brody and I even let our "Two Bite" rule slip tonight. Each boy took one bite of chicken and nearly gagged. Hazel wouldn't even touch it! Brody did clean his plate, but I think he was being nice to me. This is one I wouldn't recommend, see, I didn't even take a photo of it! It didn't deserve one! If you make it, let me know what your thoughts are!

1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
1 t thyme
6 cloves minced garlic

1 C orange juice concentrate
2 T balsamic vinegar

1.       Rub thyme and garlic over chicken. Place chicken in slow cooker. Mix orange juice and vinegar together in a small bowl. Stir in any reserved spices; spoon over chicken.

2.       Cover and cook on Low 5-6 hours, or High 2 ½ - 3 hours or until chicken is tender. 

3.       Remove chicken from slow cooker. Skim fat from sauce and bring remaining sauce to boil in a saucepan to reduce. Serve sauce over chicken and cooked rice.

The only reason we gave this 2 stars is because Brody ate it. Otherwise, it would have been a 1 for sure.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...