Wednesday, September 22, 2010

House Decorating

Much to my husbands shigrin, I am on a mission to get our house decorated! All toys are being relocated to the basement and / or bedrooms. I (FINALLY!!) made the book wreath I have desperately wanted. Our master bedroom is painted, the hot pink wall is no more... now to just paint the main walls downstairs and the stairwell and I'll be a happy girl!

My parents are visiting this weekend and bringing a truckload of items from IKEA I have selected as well. I am eager to make our house feel like a home, like a nice, comfortable place rather than one filled with dorm-room style furniture and hand-me-downs (not that there's a problem with that! But I am repurposing old items so they feel newer)

My Aunt, owner of Sweet Peaches Bedding, has an amazing selection of wall decals, vinyl stickers, canvas art, children's bedding, etc. I am having so much fun scrolling through her site and finding the perfect accents for our home.

Today, I applied the Tree-of-Life Wall Decal in our upstairs hall above our hamper. I am in the process of framing family portraits drawn by the boys and will hang them around the tree. I LOVE it.


I will add more photos of the work soon- including my book wreath!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...