Friday, October 1, 2010

House Decorating- the whirlwind weekend

When my parents arrived last Friday, I knew I wanted to get some house work done, and Brody had quite the list for the garage and outdoors. I am so glad we got everything accomplished (and so much more!) but boy, was it exhausting! We painted the entire main floor, built a shelf, threw a birthday party for hazel, painted the bathroom, hung new decorations, fluffed new pillows and attended Korben's soccer game! It was like Trading Spaces except we did it all for under $250 AND had 3 kiddos in tow... and we managed to keep them all fed, clothed and entertained!!

Here is the livingroom before:

Notice the flat, white walls- they were so filthy when we moved in, not even magic eraser could get them clean!

And After:

Freshly painted (creamy coffee) and my new shelf from IKEA.

We also tackled the dining room wall. previously, it was the same flat, white dirty paint. I scrubbed that wall so many times and it would just smear. Ugh. I added the canvas print several months ago. We hung the sconces when my parents were here.






Yesterday, our custom wall decal arrived! LOVE it!!! Thank you Sweet Peaches Bedding


1 comments:

The Brown Bunch said...

I love all of it! The bathroom especially *LOVE* We have the same dinette set,except my table top doesn't have tile-I'm thinking about staining the top a darker oak and painting the chairs and trim...BLACK. Now if I could just work up the courage to do it...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...