Friday, October 1, 2010

The Downstairs Bathroom

As a focal point, I wanted to do something fun, funky and colorful with our main floor bath. My Mom and I found an idea while searching for the living room paint color and I am IN LOVE with it!!! There are 6 colors total, and I thought it would overwhelm the small space, but it brightens up the room as well as the living room. I woke up at 4am when my parents left on Monday and went downstairs to finish it! The taping was slow and tedious, but well worth the effort.

BEFORE: Taping, taping, and MORE taping! 



 Korben woke  up at 6am Monday morning, so I put him to work!


 After!!!!!!


 I framed two ink drawings. The first Brody brought home from Paris. the second is of the Paramount and State Theaters in Downtown Austin, where I worked when Brody and I were first married.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

I love it! I may have to steal this idea (and your painting skills) when we get moved to our next house!!!

caydee said...

that looks like a photo from a magazine - so cute!!!

Angela O said...

LOVE IT!!!

Julie said...

So when did you say you were going to come paint my kid's bathroom...I forgot to put it down in my planner (head)....remind me:) Got the paint and rollers and everything:)!! Looks great Megan!

Sara said...

This is awesome! Love the stripes and may steal the idea if I ever have time. Ha! Congratulations on the new baby. I'm pregnant with #3 now and, even though it was planned, am struggling with the "what if I can't do this?!" thinking about you and I know that you can do it with 4 and will do a wonderful job. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...