Its a quiet Thursday morning. Korben and I are finishing up our core subjects for the day, Hazel is "helping" prepare lunch, and the baby naps quietly upstairs while we wait for Daddy to bring Eli home from school. Then all of a sudden...
Whhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!
...then, a very loud "Waaa! Waaa!"
An incredibly loud airplane just woke my sleeping babe. *Sigh* That's rule Numero Uno in our house- NEVER WAKE A SLEEPING BABY!
Whhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!
Again! What's with the loud airplane? Are you kidding me? The kiddos and I head out to the front yard to investigate. Lo and behold, we spy these wizzing, zipping, spinning and diving all over our neighborhood
Those, my friends, are the Blue Angels. They are practicing for the Air Show that is in town this weekend. We spent a lot of our day watching these F-18's fly over our house. Of course, I couldn't let the opportunity pass by without learning something new! We visited Blue Angels online where we found a really great interactive website and we could see the parts of the plane up-close. I turned those new vocab words into a word search for the big boys, found some free blue angel coloring pages online and we even decorated our own paper airplanes... wallah! Science, Social Studies, Reading Skills and Art all in one afternoon!

0 comments:
Post a Comment