Friday, August 27, 2010

Blanket Training

I have heard of blanket training- actually when I was pregnant with Korben. I have heard people discuss their methods, I've asked questions, I've even read about it in a book recently. I was never really interested until the day I stopped for a very fast potty break for myself and came out to find hazel had climbed onto the dining room table.


We do a little bit each day. No more than 5min at a time- at least once a day. By the second day, she went straight to her blanket and sat down! She didn't stay there.... but it's a good start!!

Today she sat for 5 min all by herself! And its only day 4! The first day as we started Korben sweetly said, "Mom, are you teaching Hazel obedience?" Amen, brother.



Eli has decided he wants to to train, as well. He gets a skittle for sitting quietly-- I think it's his way of quietly seeking praise and positive attention. My sweet little middle child. Hazel likes to sit on Eli's blanket with him. She will actually stay longer when he is with her and it sets a good example. They are 2 peas in a pod.



1 comments:

Jenni said...

Which book did you read? I've been thinking about it with ours after you mentioned it a few months ago.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...