Monday, April 7, 2008

Potty Training: Day 5

Today is Day 5 without diapers! It takes a lot of patience and he's still having plenty of accidents, but I think he's getting the hang of it! Last night, Brody was studying so I was doing bedtime routine on my own. Korben hadn't pooped all day so I knew it was coming soon. He was refusing to sit in the tub and looked really uncomfortable. I asked him if he needed to sit and go potty and he said no, he wanted to stand to pee. So, we did this and I put him back in the tub. I then grabbed the washrag to wipe down Eli when all of a sudden Korben yelps and starts crying "No! Poo-poo! Nooooo!" He had pooped in the tub. I quickly removed both boys from the tub and away from the floating menace. Korben kept crying "more poo poo" so I plopped him down on hid seat and there he went! Success! We celebrated and had an ice-cream party.

Today, around 10:15am he was looking uncomfortable again so I asked if he needed to go. He said yes and went upstairs and sat on the potty for nearly 45 minutes! Eli can only handle this for so long, so I'd have to go play w/ Eli, come back to read Korben his potty book, then back to Eli.... finally at 11 I informed Korben that he had done a good job of trying but it was time for lunch. He had a total meltdown. After some time I was able to calm him and he ate his lunch. Almost immediately after eating, he announces that he wants to go poop again. So, I sit him down and then go to Eli's room to put him down for a nap. While Eli and I are reading books I hear Korben playing and he's dipped a huge wad of toilet paper in the toilet and is letting it drip all over his legs and the floor... nice. I clean it up and return to read to Eli. Korben is quiet for a few minutes and then he comes running out of the bathroom, "Mommy! Poo-Poo in the potty! It's fun!" Low and behold... he's done it! I leave Eli in his glider with his blanket, bear and a book and Korben and I race to the bathroom to wipe and then off to the kitchen to celebrate with another ice cream party. When I go check on Eli... he's sound asleep in his chair. He missed all of the excitement!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Way to go Korben!!! I can't wait until we are done with diapers. Poor Eli, he must have been totally "pooped". ;)

Dax, Ian, and Jude said...

Yay Korben!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...