Eli bit through his tongue this morning. Yes, that means all 3 of the boys (Brody, Korben & now Eli) have had this injury. With Brody, he had to have a few stitches. Korben was just given tylenol and lots of popsicles. Eli, poor, poor fella, is refusing to eat or drink. When he wants comfort he likes to chew on his blanket, but this, of course, hurts him and he just ends up screaming. It's a nice, jagged little hole.. almost look as if a chunk of tongue is missing! This child LOVES to eat and after missing snack time due to the screaming and needing to calm down, he was starving for lunch. I made him some scrambled eggs- easy to swallow, I thought, not much tongue effort- he cried with every bite.
I called our doc and the nurse just made me mad.
"Well, if he didn't bite all the way through then we can't do anything" nice. thanks.
"Make sure he drinks"... he won't/can't
"If he's in severe pain, let us know".... he is. can you not hear him screaming?
Poor kiddo. He just woke from his nap so I should go re-examine him...
3 Non-Fiction Books That Are Changing My Life
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment