Monday, January 31, 2011

Brown Sugar Body Scrub

In addition to saving my hair from drying out with my Tress Topper (find her on Face Book: Tress Toppers), I have discovered something AMAZING to help my skin from drying out too! This winter, I have been obsessed with keeping my feet and growing belly smooth, soft and as itch-free as possible. I Love, Love, Love this body scrub and the most fantastic part of all- it's practically free! You just have to step into your kitchen and shop for a few products!

For a 12oz jar, you will need:

2 C Brown Sugar
1 C Granulated Sugar
1 C Olive or Sunflower Oil
1 Tablesppon Vanilla Extract



My Mason Jar is 5oz, so I make half of the above recipe and if there's anything remaining, I scrub my feet and hands in the tub for a quick mani / pedi!

First, mix together the 2 sugars in a bowl until no clumps remain.


Next, add the oil and vanilla.






Mix together and spoon into a seal-able glass jar. Place in your shower and enjoy! When you run out (mine lasts about 2 weeks), hop into your kitchen and make some more!


I first came across this when our MOPs co-Directors gave the Leadership Team a Jar of Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub. Once this winter storm passes, I am on the hunt for 2 pretty, 12oz glass jars to display on my bathroom counter- one for Lemon and one for Brown Sugar. I can grab the scent I'm in the mood for and head to the shower!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...