Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Thieves Pasta



The boys LOVED this- ate every bite. I had a tough time with it due to the cream cheese, but yes, my friends, I cleaned my plate as well! The pine nuts truly make this meal- don't skip them, in fact, add more! This gets 4 stars for taste and 5 stars for ease.

8 oz penne pasta (I used shells)
1lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
14 1/2 oz diced tomatoes with juice
1 tsp Italian seasoning
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups frozen spinach
1 1/2 tsp sugar
Salt and pepper
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
4 oz cream cheese
1 Tbsp tapioca
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts

Combine chicken, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic, sugar, and red pepper in slow cooker. Cover. Cook on low for 4 hours (until chicken is cooked through). Place spinach in a strainer. Run hot water over it and drain. Add spinach, cream cheese, and tapioca to slow cooker. Stir. Cook for an additional 30 minutes. Add cooked and drained pasta and pine nuts and stir and serve. Salt and pepper to taste.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...