I love some good, warm, clam chowder! So, I was anxious to give this recipe a try. Unfortunately, it fell short of my expectations! It was too sweet (maybe the sugar? or the canned corn?) and too flour-y tasting. I'll give it a 3 for taste, a 5 for ease.
1/4 pound bacon
1 large onion
2 cans minced clams
1/2 cup water
2-3 large potatoes
3 celery stalks-finely chopped
1 can corn
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup milk
1 cup half and half
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup flour
Fry bacon. Add onion to the frying pan and cook onions until clear. Put in crock pot. Add clams (with the sauce), water, cut up potatoes, celery, corn, salt and pepper. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. When that was about done, I put the butter, half and half, and flour in a sauce pan to make a roux. Cook on low until it is thick and bubbly. Take about 1/2 cup of the liquid from the crockpot and mix it in the roux. Add the cream mixture to the soup. And cook for another 1/2 hour.
3 Non-Fiction Books That Are Changing My Life
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment