So much has happened in the 11 months since I last wrote! I can't believe I let it go for so long! Eli is no longer a small, quiet little bundle.... he's a full blown toddler! He started walking a few weeks ago and today he is determined to stay on his feet. This past weekend we had some nice weather (finally!) so we spent hours outside and I think walking up and down our sloped driveway and over bumpy sidewalks really helped to improve his balance and speed. He's also trying to communicate quite a bit with both signs and words. He picks up the signs faster than Korben did, but he has big brother to watch and imitate.
Korben is the greatest 2 yr old. We certainly have our challenging moments (like every day at 11:30... total meltdown until you can convince him he's hungry enough to take a few bites of food!) He does test limits, but he's learning that the "naughty circle" is not a fun place to hang out in. He sings, dances, "reads" and LOVES to learn! He close to counting to 20, can spell his name and recognizes all the letters of the alphabet. His imagination is endless and he never ceases to amaze with the things he can create in his mind. He loves cars and is such a great big brother. In the last few weeks he has really taken his lesson of sharing to heart.
Brody is counting down the days until he graduates-- just over 2 months until the big day now! At this point, we have no major job leads, but Brody works so hard every day not only in school, but in his job search. We have no idea where we will be living even 3 months from now! It's all very exciting, but we're also getting a bit anxious- so please continue to pray that God will show us HIS ways and HIS paths... not one that we or our families would necessarily prefer.
I'm staying at home still and truly love it. I also started my own photography business this fall-- www.MeganOPhotography.com. The site was recently updated with new pictures. I love doing this so much as it gets me out of the house and lets me serve others in a really creative way! I'm also a part of the Lincoln Mommies group that I started here about 18mos ago. We are close to 100 members and I have met some amazing, inspirational women that truly fuel me when my days get long and dreary (and, this winter, there have been plenty of those!).
Below I've added a couple of slide shows- one of the boys enjoying the warm weather this weekend. The other is of Eli digging into his cake for this first birthday!
3 Non-Fiction Books That Are Changing My Life
6 years ago



2 comments:
Megan--
Eli's cake is AWESOME!! Nice job! Great pictures too..I love the close up of the cakey fingers up to his mouth--I'm going to have to remember that one!
Carrie
yay! so glad you're back to blogging again!!! it looks great!!
Post a Comment