Friday, May 6, 2011

Our Lessons This Week

We only did one day of "school" this week, but did spend a LOT of time playing outdoors as well as reading books. Korben's ability to read sight words over the last few weeks really amazed me, and since he and Eli both love any form of technology, I downloaded Sight Word Flashcards, Beginning Readers and a set of 12 Sight Word books to my Kindle. They are fascinated! AND- they can both read way more than Brody and I even could guess! They both have made great strides in their confidence level this week and I think this has vastly improved their ability to read and to be proud of themselves for their accomplishments.

We did spend one day doing school work. We talked about an Octopus and how even the Octopus shows praise to God. We discussed "praise" and how God is so creative to create such amazing creatures! We watched the Disney movie Oceans. Eli worked on writing his letter 'O' and Korben completed some reading assignments. They both played with "Letter Lids", too!




1 comments:

Courtney said...

I love your letter lids- great idea. I am glad you share your ideas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...