Thursday, July 15, 2010

Make a Joyful Noise

My boys are noisy. They love to sing, screech, yell, belch, imitate cars... anything loud. Their baby sister is quickly learning that screaming at the top of her lungs is fun! As their Mother, I find myself endlessly reminding them to use "inside voices", not to wake the baby, calm down and use their nice words.... on and on! But, boys are loud. God created them with boundless energy and enthusiasm.

"Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise." Psalms 98:4

One day, my boys were away with their Aunts and Hazel and I were enjoying a quiet lunch together... it was a bit too quiet! We both sat silently eating, suddenly missing the constant chatter of Korben and Eli, when I heard the tugging on my heart... "This is how I feel when you are silent- when you don't talk to me." I was floored. God spoke to me through my boys silence, reminding me that in my nagging for peace and quiet, I was neglecting to praise Him for creating the (albeit rambunctious and rowdy) boys that create such wonderful noise.

So make a joyful noise! Remember to thank God for the loud ones he has so graciously blessed you with!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...