Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hazel's Major Reaction

Hazel has been diagnosed with a Penicillin allergy (she had an ear infection last week). This is what she looked like this morning:






She was even worse after her nap this afternoon (you can see the long marks where she has scratched herself, the itching is so bad):







And tonight, just before bed:






Poor baby. We have to watch for swelling and give her Benedryl PRN and cool oatmeal baths. We have to keep her as cool as possible otherwise heat can aggravate the itch.

Please pray for her healing and comfort. The Doctor says she will likely get worse before she gets better- it may take a week before we see major improvement.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Praying for her, and you! I look like that when I take it, too. I know how she feels. :( Unfortunately, she probably will get worse before it gets better. Try socks on her hands, if you haven't already, to keep her from scratching/infecting with her fingernails. HUGS!!!

Angela O said...

Poor thing!! I hope it resolves itself sooner rather than later :(

Carrie said...

Oh, poor little lady!! Miss B has the same issue, but her rash wasn't that bad!!

We'll be praying for her (and you!) to get some relief and feel better!

Miss you guys!

The Brown Bunch said...

Poor baby!!:(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...