Thursday, June 24, 2010

Time flies...

More than 3 months since my last post! Whew! Time has been zipping by!

Korben finished his first year of preschool. I am so proud of him and all he accomplished this year. He has blossomed into quite the mature little man. The changes we saw in his portfolio from day one of school to his last day is quite amazing. He is enjoying being home for the summer and having endless amounts of time to play outside, get dirty and develop his imagination ever further. He is a great big brother- always ready to help when asked.



Eli is enjoying his first taste of "school" by being in VBS this summer. I am teaching both boys and while Korben really knows the ropes, Eli is still shy and wants to sit in my lap. He doesn't participate in the songs, games or activities very much, but once home he will talk your ear off about everything he has learned. He is so observant. He has been struggling a lot lately with wanting to be independent, yet still wanting to be a "baby". Most of our discipline issues stem from this internal struggle... but we are seeing major progress in him "using his words" rather than lashing out physically as he once did. We are still making our way up that hill... Eli is an AMAZING big brother. He spots things that may be unsafe for Hazel (say, a basement door left open or a small piece of food dropped on the floor) and immediately remedies the situation. He is always offering her toys, wanting to hold her (much to her dislike- she wants to move!) and giving her lots of affection. He will start his first year of preschool this fall.


Hazel is on the move- still! She is standing unsupported and can even go from kneeling to standing in the middle of a room on her own. She will be 9months old tomorrow! She is very determined to get what her brothers have. She relishes attention from them- they are the only ones who can really get her to roll with laughter. She is finally sleeping better at night- only waking up once to nurse and then back asleep until 6:30 or 7. I'll take it! She is very much Daddy's little girl. When he is home, she only wants him. She loves other babies and wants to kiss them! She is always making us laugh and loves to entertain.

I am excited for the summer to spend so much time with the kids. This fall, both boys will attend pre-school 3 days a week leaving time for Hazel and I to play, run errands, and do lots of work for MOPs! I will be doing Publicity for our MOPs group this upcoming year. I am also joining the Care Team to help fellow Moms who are in need of meals, child care, etc. during an illness, new baby, deployment, etc.

1 comments:

Amber said...

I'm excited for you to do Publicity! This is my second year filling the Publicity role for MOPS and I LOVE it!! Have you started on any of your materials for the coming year? We'll have to share ideas!! I've been trying to get as much done as possible before baby arrives.

And yay for considering homeschool! We're doing a homeschool preschool program this fall. I'm hoping that gives me a better idea of whether we want to continue with kindergarten or look into the Lutheran school.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...