Thursday, October 9, 2008

School Time

Now that we're back in our own place with our old routine, the boys and I have resumed our daily school time. We are doing the Letter of the Week Curriculum (this week is B) as well as working on days of the week, seasons and weather. Today we also incorporated a science experiment. I put out a glass of water and we drew a water line on it. Then I asked Korben to guess what would happen to the water if we filled the glass with coins. We monitored the water line during the process and also talked about weight, sink, float, and magnification (the coins looked bigger through the glass). After all the coins were in, we removed them and watched the water line go back down. It was a great exercise in prediction for Korben and a good example of "sink" for Eli. We spent a good 30 minutes with this activity and the boys really loved it.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...