Crime? Well, I sort of did. Eli had started to bite-- and bite HARD. About a week before we left for Texas, Eli approached Korben and bit his shoulder so hard that he has a scar- even 4 weeks later! Nearly a week after arriving in Austin, I was fed up with it. I had tried talking to him, trying to evoke empathy (right- in a 16-month old, that's real successful), naughty circle... nothing was working. Finally, after he bit Korben for the umpteenth time and even starting biting me, I sat him in my lap facing me. I told him that biting hurts and I was going to show him. I then took his upper right arm and bit him (just enough to leave slight marks that disappeared almost instantly). He gave me a what-the-$#@&!! look, but that was the end of it. The following day, he leaned in to bite Korben once again, but this time looked at me and then walked over to the naughty circle and sat himself down!! That was 3 weeks ago, and there has been no biting since!!
3 Non-Fiction Books That Are Changing My Life
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment